Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup potato sticks, crushed
- 1/2 cup crushed cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another shallow bowl, whisk butter and sour cream. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In batches, arrange chicken in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until coating is golden brown and chicken is no longer pink, 7-8 minutes on each side. Serve with additional sour cream and chives.
1 serving: 256 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, divided
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dill pickle slices
- In a bowl or shallow dish, combine 1 tablespoon pickle juice, 1 tablespoon hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour. Drain, discarding any marinade.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg, buttermilk, remaining 1 tablespoon pickle juice and 1 tablespoon hot sauce. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture.
- In batches, arrange chicken in a single layer in generously greased air-fryer basket; spritz chicken with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 5-6 minutes longer.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over hot chicken. Serve with pickles.
5 ounces cooked chicken: 413 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Your October Meal Plan
The best spaghetti bolognese recipe
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add 4 finely chopped bacon rashers and fry for 10 mins until golden and crisp.
- Reduce the heat and add the 2 onions, 2 carrots, 2 celery sticks, 2 garlic cloves and the leaves from 2-3 sprigs rosemary, all finely chopped, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add 500g beef mince and cook stirring for 3-4 mins until the meat is browned all over.
- Add 2 tins plum tomatoes, the finely chopped leaves from ¾ small pack basil, 1 tsp dried oregano, 2 bay leaves, 2 tbsp tomato purée, 1 beef stock cube, 1 deseeded and finely chopped red chilli (if using), 125ml red wine and 6 halved cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 hr 15 mins stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce.
- Add the 75g grated parmesan, check the seasoning and stir.
- When the bolognese is nearly finished, cook 400g spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and stir into the bolognese sauce. Serve with more grated parmesan, the remaining basil leaves and crusty bread, if you like.