“This is a lovely way to start off your morning when you want a little something different than your usual. Note: If you don’t have buttermilk you may substitute milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar to measure 1 cup.”
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Measure flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl. Beat 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.
- Combine 2 tablespoons white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.